15 steps to get the body you want and start enjoying working out!
1. Start the very first day of the week with the right attitude:
Monday is GOOD! Do not think that Monday is boring and stupid. Monday is a great day, because the week is by no means set and you can shape it any way you want. You have every opportunity in the world to get the best week of your life. My tip is to start training on Monday, so you get a head-start with a clear conscience and lots of energy.
2. Make a list:
- Why do you want to start exercising? Whats bothering you? Make a list.
- do not think that exercise is only tiring and a chore, exercise should be fun!
- think that this is something you do because your body needs to move, it’s so good for you!
- think of the feeling afterwards, on all free profit you are left with after the session.
- work out in the morning if you can, right after work or right after school.If you wait and wait all day, you will probably just give up on working out because your friends or family will call you or you will have other things to do.
3. Find a form of exercise that suits you
Try out different exercises so you’ll eventually notice what you are most comfortable with. I was a fan of group lessons when I started training, and could never in the world imagine that I would ever lift free weights or run on a treadmill. But after some time, I was so fascinated by those who could run and run without stopping. Today the treadmill is my best friend and I love to run. I’m not tired and I feel amazing. And lately I’ve started with both spinning and group lessons again. Variety is amazing!
4. Have good and varied workout music, or see something on the iPad
Training music I listen to, is often not the music I listen home. It’s great to have a workout playlist with some great music that you love and enjoy. Music alone can actually be a good motivation. If you are lucky enough to be the owner of an ipad, this can also give you great satisfaction in long-distance running. If your gym owns a television or you bring your stuff to the gym you can watch your favorite television shows while being on the treadmill. Pop corn and coke has some really good shows and it’s free.
5. Have a real role model
If there is someone you admire body wise, he/she can be a great role model for you, whether that is a super model or the man on the street. If you gained weight, your old pair of jeans is a great motivation. I prefer to get motivated by people who eat healthy and work hard not the ones who are naturally skinny and fit.
6. Set goals
It can be nice to have something to work towards, something to look forward to. Previously, my goal has been to look good for the wedding and the honeymoon. Now that the wedding is over, my goal is to maintain the body I already have. I train mostly because I love it and because I love being healthy.
7. Create a training contract with yourself
Everything is so much easier when you have a contract with someone, so why not make a contract with yourself? Write down what you will achieve by a certain date, number of days a week to train, sign, and hang on the fridge.
8. Give yourself rewards
Treat yourself with a good dinner or a little chocolate after you had a good weekend. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet and you can look good and enjoy life but in moderation.If you are not a fan of candy or large meals, you can always treat yourself with others things when you achieve your goals. How about a new pair of shoes or new bag or new pair of jeans?
9. Get a personal trainer or a workout buddy
If you are struggling to get started, there is nothing wrong with hiring a personal trainer (if you can afford it of course). It’s fun and you can learn something new. If you can’t afford it can be motivating to go with your friend. You will both spend time together and have so much fun.
10. Log your sessions
Keep track of how often you train and how you train, I’m a fan of exercise diary GetInspired, and try to keep track of my week there. To log my running I use a chip in the shoe from Nike and Nike app for iphone.
11. New workout clothes
A pretty common tip is of course new sportswear. Buy yourself a pair of nice leggings and a bright pink singlet thats waiting just for you to be used.
12. Exercise is good for your body! It’s not something I’m saying, just look here:
- leads to better balance and coordination
- improve immune function
- reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- reduces the risk of stress
- and less likelihood of depression and anxiety
♥ An active lifestyle reduces the risk of:
- heart - disease by 45 percent
- stroke by 60 percent
- high blood pressure by 30 percent
- breast cancer by 30 percent
- type 2 diabetes by 50 percent
- colon cancer by 41 percent
13. Search for motivation online
There are many inspiring photos online, for example weheartit or tumblr, it often gets me off the couch!
14. Read blogs that motivates you
They are so many people who decided to change their lifestyle and get healthy. Many of them post some amazing pictures and they achieved so much.
15. No excuses
Do not say that you don’t have time, you must take your time. It’s the same if it is only 30 minutes now and then, and it’s the same whether you run a mil or go 3 miles in the woods. Something is always better than nothing. If you don’t have a gym membership you can practice in front of the television at home, you can use wood, stairs here and there, buy a hoop, a skipping rope, running with the stroller. There are so many possibilities, so if you say that you are not able to afford working out thats just an excuse!
Thanks to Caroline!
Best post on tumblr.
KILL THAT MUFFINTOP! DIE DIE DIE!
Do the workout video with me here.
Or just follow the GIFs!
Exactly was i was looking for!!
Officially my favourite wall in paddo
We all want a nice butt to make our skinny jeans look good. Try out this butt workout to tighten, tone and lift your butt!
20 Plie Squats
20 Donkey Kicks per side
20 Fire Hydrants per side
20 Circling Donkey Kick per side
30 Alternating Split Jumps
30 Alternating Sliders
30 Hips Lifts
20 Lunges Kicks per side
Do this 3x through for an awesome butt workout! I know your buns will be burning by the end of this
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.